Wednesday 21 August 2013

TONY MOLY AC Pink Dip Spot Serum Review

Heeyy everyone!! I'm back with my second review on a Tony Moly product! If you've read my previous review on Tony Moly's AC Control serum then you probably know that this is one of my first products that I bought from Tony Moly!! I heard great reviews on this product before that this serum "dried up their pimples overnight" or "this really works" so I really wanted to try this out for myself to see if it worked on my skin and finally get rid of my acne! ahaha So this is how the product looks like:





Description:
  • A spot-on blemish treatment
  • Dries out existing acne
  • Salicylic acid, camphor, and kaolin soothes irritated skin
  • Houttuynia Cordata extract, Laminaria Saccharina, Althaea Officinalis root extract and mistletoe strengthen skin to prevent further irritations

Directions:
Using a cotton bud, apply pink powder on problem areas. Do not shake the bottle before using. (The clear liquid and the pink powder should be separate and not be mixed together) Here's a pic to show you how it's separated:



^Dont worry!! The bottle was full when i bought it LOL It's just that I already used a lot of the product!! 


There's only 0.63oz of product?!?!? LOL It's actually pretty tiny so I have to use it really sparingly.


^^Sorry for my kinda gross cheek picture but I put it on my cheek to show you guys the product! Some pimples were coming up so I decided to put some on anyways.

Packaging:
The packaging is in a simple tiny glass jar. And when I say tiny, I mean realllyyyy tiny. LOL Also you're supposed to put a cotton bud in the bottle anyways, so I guess it can't be hygienic with a pump and everything :P Here's a pic to show you guys how tiny the bottle is. I compared it with my Tony Moly AC serum and my Hada Labo arbution lotion:



Smell/Texture:
If you actually go and the smell the bottle, there's a SUPER strong scent of alcohol. But when you go and apply it, you can't really smell anything. Well, the texture is powdery and blotchy. When you apply it, you first feel like a cool tingly sensation. LOL I don't know if this is a gimmick, buut it does make me feel like the products working. And then after a minute, you don't even feel the product on your skin cause it's dried.

Price:
I bought this for $13.99 at my local Tony Moly store. This price is ...ehhh. LOL but the product does work so keepp readingg :D

Effectiveness:
This product is actually pretty good at killing those fat stubborn pimples LOOOL but for the biggest ones, it might take like 3 days until they're gone and sometimes it still leaves a mark/scar. But, I do believe that this product does what it says and doesn't disappoint me. :)


Pros:
  • IT WORKS!!!
  • generally no smell unless you go and smell the bottle LOOL
  • The cool tingly feeling

What I didn't like:
  • The price is kinda expensive for such a little jar

Total Rating: 4.5/5 Minus the .5 for the price :(

Will I repurchase?
Yes, I probably will repurchase this once I run out. However, I heard that The Face Shop has a product that is similar to this so I might go and get that one instead. :)

I'd love to hear your thoughts too!! Feel free to leave a comment :)

1 comment:

  1. Just received the whole AC set from my noona while she was at SOUTH Korea! First day using, and I find the Pink dip spot serum's effectiveness already. Just that it leaves a short and sharp pain after applying. Overall: GOOD! :)

    ReplyDelete