Monday 5 August 2013

The Face Shop Acne Solution Foam Cleansing Review

For my first ever review, I'll share to you the Acne Solution Foam Cleanser from The Face Shop's Clean Face line!! :) Just some background info...I have combination, oily skin (t-zone is oily, cheeks are dry/normal) and suffer from moderate acne...errrrrrr >.< I started getting a few pimples when I was 12 (I'm 14 now ahaha) and it grew into acne. I'm always on a search for new acne products that can help relieve my trouble skin. haha anyways back to the review...I bought the cleanser and toner from the line a month ago and so far have been loving it. I purchased it for around $17 CAD I think, which is pretty affordable. This is how it looks like:





Description:

  • Contains Green tea extract which soothes skin troubles
  • Is a medicated foam cleanser that is dedicated to treating acne-prone,oily skin
  • Oil-free


Directions:
Dispense an adequate amount and lather fully with water. Massage into the face and rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.

There is 150mL of solution which is pretty good as it will probably last me 2-3 months. I have used this every night (for morning I use Neutrogena's oil-free acne redness soothing wash) for a month and there's still 3/4 of product left in the tube. I usually only dispense about a pea-sized amount of the cleanser each time because I find that this product foams up pretty well.

Packaging:
The packaging is quite simple. It's in a orangish bottle-capped tube. It's not one of those cute-packaged Korean skincare products, although I wish it was. :$ I luv adorable packaging ahaha

Smell/Texture:
The cleanser has a mild green tea-ish scent. I find that the scent is really calming and not bothersome, even though I'm not that sensitive to smells anyways. :P The texture is more creamy than foamy for me. It's not super light either.

Pros:

  • Didn't break me out
  • Reduced acne
  • So much product inside the tube!!! I can use it forever
  • The smell is really nice aha
  • The price was not thaat expensive


What I didn't like:

  • It took me a while to see the results. For the first week, nothing really happened. And then the second-third week, I broke out A LOT, i mean A LOOOOOT!! and then fourth week, I can notice less breakout than when I first started using it. But even though there was less breakout, the difference wasn't really major. I still have lots of whiteheads.

Total rating= 3.5/5 mostly because the product didn't make that much of a difference on my skin


Will I repurchase?
Probably not. I think I'd rather experiment with other acne cleansers that can show better results to my skin.

I'd love to hear your thoughts too!! Feel free to leave a comment :)

2 comments: