Wednesday 21 August 2013

THE FACE SHOP Clean Face Mild Toner Review

The product that I'm going to talk about today is........*drumroll* The Face Shop's mild toner from their Clean Face line!! The employee at The Face Shop recommended this to me and told me that this line was for teens with acne-prone skin. Well, I did a little research after and found out that the Clean Face line is the bestselling trouble controlling line for oily skin. That really persuaded me to buy something from their line so I went back and purchased the Acne Solution Foaming Cleanser and the mild toner to see if it'll work to remove my stubborn whiteheads and pimples ahaha Anyways, the product looks like this:


I bought this product for around $17 CAD which is pretty affordable for 130mL of product!! However, I've used this for 2 times daily for the past 2 weeks and there's only a little over half of the product left. So I don't think this product will last over 2 months...

Description:

  • a toner that helps treat skin troubles
  • Controls the production of oil/sebum
  • Contains tea tree extract which kills acne-causing bacteria
  • Gets rid of skin's impurities/blemishes
  • Contains malt extract that calms skin

Directions:

After washing face, get adequate amount on cotton and rub out from the face to the neck area.


^^These directions were taken from The Face Shop's International website, but I personally don't really follow them ahaha. I dont use the cotton pads and instead I use my hands to gently pat the toner around my face. I dont know why....but this makes my face feel more moisturized. LOL Also, I know many people "double-cleanse". Double cleansing is when you first put the toner on a cotton pad and use the cotton to wipe your face from any remaining dirt or residue and then re-apply the toner again. I don't use the double cleansing method because I believe that if I did the face washing part accurately and thoroughly, I don't need to cleanse AGAIN with the toner. xD But it's all up to the individual's opinion. :)

Packaging:
The packaging is pretty nice. The product is in a tall orangish glass bottle. The liquid comes out easily through the hole at the top but might require you to lightly shake/tap the bottle. It would be better if it came out of a pump for hygienic reasons. But so far my only concern is that one day I might accidentally knock over the bottle and break it since I am pretty clumsy. :P



Smell/Texture:
In my opinion, the smell is pretty pleasant. I dont really know how to express how it smells like....it smells a little florally but at the same time not really florally...i dunno LOL But i can say that it smells really fresh and calming. The texture is a light, clear runny liquid. It absorbs into the skin really quickly and isn't sticky at all. It leaves my skin feeling refreshed and moisturized! :D


Effectiveness:
I'm not 100% sure that this helps clear up my skin. I haven't really noticed MAJOR visible results, but Im going to continue using this and see if any improvements happen. :)

Pros:

  • Didn't break me out
  • Left my skin feeling really moisturized and refreshed
  • I like the smell <3
  • Easy to dispense out of bottle


What I didnt like:

  • I don't know if it's just me, but I'm using this product up rather quickly LOL so i dont think this product will last for more than 2 months
  • I didn't really see a major improvement in my acne...just didn't break me out


Total Rating= 3.5/5 Mostly lost marks on the effectiveness

Will I repurchase?
No, I don't think so. After I finish using this, I want to try Hada Labo's Arbutin Whitening Lotion ahaha I heard great things from this line. :)

I'd love to hear your thoughts too!! Feel free to leave a comment :D

No comments:

Post a Comment