Wednesday 21 August 2013

TONY MOLY AC Control Serum Review

Annyeong haseyo!! I'm back with another post on Korean skincare! This time I'll be doing my first ever review on a product from Tony Moly. This was one of my first products from Tony Moly which I bought not that long ago as I didn't get obsessed with Korean skincare until recently. I purchased this product along with Tony Moly's AC Control Pink Dip Spot serum hoping it'll be the solution to my acne skin. xD But it was kinda weird cause when I first started using this, I thought "serum" was the same as lotion so I just used it as a daily moisturizer. Until like a week later, I discovered on another blog the difference between a serum and an emulsion. I realized that a serum was a really concentrated liquid of nutrients and vitamins for the skin and that it was to be used BEFORE the emulsion. And for the emulsion, that it was another word for lotion and acts like a moisturizer. For those who are just like me and are not super familiar with the Korean skincare routine, you can read this post that teaches you on the difference between emulsion and serum. Click here ------> CLICK :) It was really helpful for me. Okkkk so back to the review, this is how the product looks like:




Description:
  • Medicated acne treatment that reverses the signs of skin damage
  • Soothes and heals skin
  • Helps create an even-toned complexion
  • Sciadopitys Verticillata root extract regulates oil/sebum production
  • Keeps skin matte

Directions:
Apply serum using gentle patting motion on cleansed and toned skin.
(Use after toner, before lotion/emulsion)

There is 50mL of product in here, which isn't a lot...but for a serum its normal.

Packaging:
The packaging is okay. It's not like one of those super cute Tony Moly products that I've seen though. The product comes in a short, blue-tinted plastic cylindrical container. LOL I love how it's super hygienic as the serum comes out from a pump and there's also a lid to cover the product when not in use. However, I don't really think the lid realllyy affects the product in any way buut I guess it does keep the dust off of things. ;P



Smell/Texture:
The scent is kinda florally/citrusy LOL i dont really know how to describe it! But it doesn't bother me and actually is a little bit calming. For those who are SUPER sensitive to smells, I'd say to pass this product. The texture is light and watery, but not too watery that it starts spreading all over your hand xD It doesn't feel sticky, and absorbs quite fast. It also has a cooling sensation which I looove. <3 It leaves my face feeling soothed and hydrated.



Effectiveness:
Well, my skin showed minimal signs of improvement, but I'm not that sure it helps keep my skin matte and regulate the sebum production. My face is stiill pretty shiny especially in the T-zone area so I'm not sure this product really helped with the oil. However, I do think that it does soothe my skin and my breakouts do heal a LIL faster.

Pros:
  • Didn't break me out
  • Helped heal my breakouts faster
  • Soothes my skin
  • Calming scent
  • Cooling sensation
  • Packaging is super hygienic
What I Didn't Like:
  • Oil on my t-zone is still the same :(
  • Didn't help that much


Total Rating: 3/5

Will I repurchase?
Sadly, no...even though there are so many pros to this product, it disappointed me as it didnt help that much with my acne. I believe I'd rather try out other serums in the future. :D

I'd love to hear your thoughts too!! Feel free to leave a comment :)

1 comment: